Panjang juga doanya. So I bucket them into fives for easy reference and memorization.
The powerful dua of a parent
In the name of Allah, the most beneficent and most merciful
All praises are for Allah s.w.t. the most compassionate, the most forgiving.
Salutations and blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad s.a.w.his family and companions.
- Ya Allah Ya Tuhanku, I submit myself to You. I realise that parenting a child is a difficult task and I turn to You in humility for Your help. I implore You for Your wisdom and guidance.
- Ya Allah Ya Tuhanku, I know that our children are an amanaat from You, to care for and raise.Help me to do that in the best way. Teach me how to love in a way that You would have me love. Help me where I need to be healed, improved, nutured and made whole. Help me walk in righteousness, and integrity, so that You may always be pleased with me.Allow me to be a God fearing role model with all the communication, teaching and nurturing skills that I may need.
- Ya Allah Ya Tuhanku, You know what our children need. Help and guide us in praying for our children.
- Ya Allah Ya Tuhanku, put a hedge of safety around our children. Protect their bodies, minds and emotions from any kind of evil and harm.
- Ya Allah Ya Tuhanku, I pray that You protect them from accidents, diseases, injuries and any other physical, mental or emotional afflictions and abuse.
- Ya Allah Ya Tuhanku, I pray that You keep our children free from any additions and vices. Draw them close to You for protection from every ill and evil influence of our society, whether it's apparent to us or not.
- Ya Allah Ya Tuhanku, grant our children hidaayah and a heart that loves to obey You. Shine Your light on any secret or unseen rebellion in their hearts and destroy it before it takes root.
- Ya Allah Ya Tuhanku, guide them away from any pride, selfishness, jealousy, hypocrisy, malice and greed and make them uncomfortable with sins. Penetrate their hearts with Your love today and always...
- Ya Allah Ya Tuhanku, make apparent to them the truth in any situation and let them not to be misled by falsehood.
- Ya Allah Ya Tuhanku, grant our children the ability to make clear decisions and let them always e attracted to good things that are pure, noble, true and just.
- Ya Allah Ya Tuhanku, guide them in making choices that please You.
- Ya Allah Ya Tuhanku, help them to taste the sweetness of waking with a humble spirit in obedience and submission ot You.
- Ya Allah Ya Tuhanku, grant them the wisdom to choose their words carefully and bless them with a generous and caring spirit.
- Ya Allah Ya Tuhanku, I pray that they never stray from the path of Deen and that You give them a future filled with Your best promises.
- Ya Allah Ya Tuhanku, always keep our children cleansed and pure from evil and shaytaan.
- Ya Allah Ya Tuhanku, keep them steadfast in establishing Salaah and help them revere the Glorious Qur'an as Your word and law, and to read it with understanding daily. Let it be their source of light and guidance.
- Ya Allah Ya Tuhanku, let our daughters love wearing hijab and our sons the dress of a humble Muslim. Let their dress be a representation of their Imaan and of their love and respect of Your commands. Let them to a position where they rely truly on Your power alone and fear You in open and in secret.
- Ya Allah Ya Tuhanku, make them so strong in their Deen that they never encounter doubt.
- Ya Allah Ya Tuhanku, do not allow any negative attitudes in the place of our children's lives.
- Ya Allah Ya Tuhanku, guide our children with compassion and caring that will overflow to each member of our family.
- Ya Allah Ya Tuhanku, grant them piety. Help them love, value and appreciate and respect one another with good communication between them always.
- Ya Allah Ya Tuhanku, drive out any division between our children and bring them healing. I pray there be no strain, breach, misunderstanding, arguing, fighting or severing of ties.
- Ya Allah Ya Tuhanku, I pray for a close, loving, happy and fulfilling relationship with them for all the days of our lives...