azween baked 5 trays of congo bars with my super awesome small oven that could only fit 1 whole bird to make 'roasted chicken'. Yup! you read it right...its just a small oven!
I've refined the earlier congo bars recipe to match my liking...and my 10"x10" cake tin! Here goes:
210g self raising flour
180g brown sugar
2 large eggs
170g chips (both chocolate and white choc chips)
Almond flakes (for top)
Choc chips (for top)
Vanilla essence (1/2 tsp)
1. Heat your oven for 20 minutes at 170 degrees.
2. Mix butter and brown sugar.
3. Add eggs one at a time
4. Add vanilla essence
5. Put away mixer. From now onwards, use a spatula.
6. Fold in flour until all is mixed.
7. Lastly, add in choc and white choc chips.
8. Prepare tin with baking paper.
9. Pour in mixture and place almond flakes generously on top. Place additional choc chips as well.
10. Bake for 15 - 18 minutes at 170degrees.
Tips: you will know that your congo bars are cooked when the almond flakes are slightly golden
Caution: Do not overbake. Your congo bars will turn dry. This happen to me earlier...
Happy baking peeps,